Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tower, more figures and other stuff

Well, I've been working on the Tower of Witchfate Tor ( http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=12500057a&_requestid=150577 ) for the last several weeks - it was a birthday present from my wonderful girlfriend.  I'm about 32 hours in and probably have another 20 in details before I'm at least partly satisfied - hoping to have pictures soon.

On another note, I got my hands on a couple more Legion of the Damned models, both with bolt guns, so they'll be getting added - two more until I am able to field a DA Company Veteran's Squad made up of Damned Legionnaires.  I may at some point field the Chorus using the Space Marine's codex just to give the Legion its self a try, not to mention a shot at using their HQ unit that can use Orbital Bombardment.  The Master of the Death Company and the other Legion figure I was working on are just about done being painted.  I'll probably give them the clear coat next week if all goes well.

I'm also going to try my hand at creating, then duplicating in resin via a latex mold, a set of 5 custom bases, first in 40mm then in 25mm.  At first I'm just going to see if I can get my idea to work... then I'll figure out if I'm going to use them for new Chorus models or if I'm going to start a new army.  I'm heavily leaning towards Tau Empire at this point, but I like the look of the Necron models a lot, and I have this obsession with creating an Atreides/Fremen army using the IG codex too.

All of that said, I don't want to go TOO far overboard... I already have one army that I can't get into two Citadel army boxes (my Land Raider Crusader and the Land Speeder don't fit with everything else), so I'm going to take my time on any ideas to start another army barely 8 months into the new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment